It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:45 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Pirates
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:41 pm 

Agnitio Fornax Barracus,

The Foul Ork of this expanse is indeed voidfaring, though no more so than is typical of those degenerate and asinine beasts and the ramshackle scrapheaps that impersonate voidships within their fleets.

I must ask after the substantial evidence supporting the supposition that the traitor vessels thus far encountered have been operating without the support of a greater local fleet. I have encountered what may prove to be evidence counter to this supposition, but yet hope that this evidence may be disproved. I would be much assuaged to find your evidence overpowering relative to mine.

Agnitio Fornax Barracus, Ramirez,

Regarding your dialogue pertaining to those specimens of Mankind as of yet unaligned with the Imperium of Man, is not the very purpose and duty of the Missionarius Galaxia to bring those very severed dendrites of Mankind into the Imperium where they may be put to some use? What is the purpose of contriving a galaxy-spanning doctrine so simple even the unknowledgeable and unspirited masses are capable of comprehending it, if you do not allow those who have been purpose crafted to prosthelytize that doctrine to do so when the unknowledgeable and unspirited are encountered?

Ramirez,

I would be intrigued to learn to whom "True knowledge is discovered through combat" is attributed. It is not an aphorism to which I have as yet been exposed, and on the surface at least seems counter to orthodoxy.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:30 pm 

First congratulations Lord Admiral Hawkwood on your victory over the Seditious and thank you for the warning against the Orks, we have been fortunate to not run into the green menace so far, hopefully that good fortune continues.

Any assistance from any quarter in killing pirates is more than welcome for anyone who comes across them and feels able to remove the threat from the Naval supply lines is doing themselves, us and the whole Crusade a service.

Should anyone wish to trade information on enemy ships within the expanse please feel free to contact our Seneschal the next time we are within port and we shall happily share what we know.

In regards to matters of how to deal with the unaligned I believe that we could enter into debate about how to manage such situations and make as many points and examples as there are stars in the sky which have felt the footfall of man. In the end it is up to each of us to do as we see fit as the situation dictates, just remember that the Emperor sees all and we shall all be judged in the end. Personally I follow a simple plan and accept it or not I don't much care, it is how I choose to operate and under our warrants we are all entitled to our own methods;

Should a world be happy to return to the fold with its faith intact it should welcomed with open arms. Those who need to be shown the truth again should be welcomed but watched. Those who fight against his light should be made to see the truth and forced to accept his will as is their rightful place. While those who reject his light and embrace the ruinous should be destroyed and all their works cast down into their ashes.

Lord Captain Cyrus Vendigroth-Malakai Astantine XXVII
Captain of the Alabaster Hammer, Guardian of Morose

Thought for the day
"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment"

AKA Mike

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:44 am 

Gravitas Digamma Septimus,

My father spoke the phrase "true knowledge is discovered through combat" and given you have not met him nor any of his line it is likely you have not heard it. Combat facilitates the understanding of yourself, an individual or race, and their creation with unparalleled efficiently. Whether direct conflict with another, part of a larger force, or observing a battle, the truth is exposed when you are faced with death. Combat allows conquest, exposing the knowledge of your opposition for full investigations, use or destruction in addition to a greater understanding of ones self.

To other correspondence issued refer to the response by Lord Captain Cyrus Vendigroth-Malakai Astantine XXVII, Captain of the Alabaster Hammer.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:32 pm 

It is with Great Regret that I may confirm some of the details discussed herein.
From seperate sources in my home sector, I can confirm that Imperial Forces are enroute to reinforce the Cadian Gate, including large portions of the Adeptes Astartes, Blessed be They in the Eyes of The Emperor.

Additionally, while detached on recent duties for the Crusade towards the rear, I can confirm the presence of pirate vessels operating with an intent to penetrate the region of space we now operate in. The vessel encountered went down with All Hands.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:08 pm 

Captain Flametouched - welcome to the sector! If you have previously been in the sector, my apologies for not making time to meet you previously - Will you be joining us at the coming gathering? In any case, congratulations on your victory.

Ramirez - an interesting view. So, from my understanding, you are suggesting that the ultimate test of theory is practice, and the ultimate expression of that practice, the crucible in which things are tested to their limit is combat?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:41 pm 

Lord Jonas Vulgrim,

Yes.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2