It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:21 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: A Call to War
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:22 pm 

Ladies and Gentleman of the Crusade. It is with momentous tidings that I come to you today.

Dimmemar has been found.

Saint Sebastion Thor's home world is a thriving Imperial shrine world that has held true to the Imperial creed and served as a beacon for the worlds in this area. It is currently under attack by corrupted Space Marines, led by a warrior of enormous stature wielding a power scythe. This reaper of men heralds from a battleship larger than any on record.

I must commend The crew of the Carpe Omnius on a daring raid, beneath the very nose of this behemoth, which destroyed the enemies astropath tower and landed weaponry, soldiers and ordinance to aid the citizens still resisting the arch-enemy. Crucial in this endeavour were the heroic warriors of the Mordian 3rd Heavy Tank regiment who have done their world proud and proved the Mordian reputation for heroism, discipline and courage.

Several relics, including the Diary of St Thor have been recovered and moved to a secret, secure location on Port Scorn.

The Eagle Standard stands tall upon the planet, planted by my own hand. As we speak, warriors of the Imperium wage a guerrilla campaign against the forces of Chaos and in 4 weeks I will have the honour of leading The Light of Terra and the Argent Vertitatus back to Dimmemar where, Omnissiah willing, we will destroy the forces that lay siege to the world.

I invite all who would take a part in this greatest of battles to contact Commissar Stein with the resources you can bring to bare. Join us as we bring punishment and death to the guilty. The more who come, the mightier the blow we will strike. If few join us, then greater will be our share of the glory.

Signed,
Lord Garrick San'Clare
Commodore of the Omnius Flotilla
Captain of the Carpe Omnius
Sergeant of the 41st Catachan
Reclaimer Errant of the Omnisiah

Thought for the day; 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01001111 01101101 01101110 01101001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101000 00100000 01110111 01101001 01101100 01101100 01110011 00100000 01101001 01110100 00101110

---------------------------------------------------
Transcribed and Distributed on behalf of Lord San’Clare by,

Commissar Klydemestra Trophonius Stein
Seneschal of the Carpe Omnius
------------------------------------------
Contact Information: commissarstein@gmail.com

Post subject: Re: A Call to War
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:40 am 

What is the tactical significance of this shrine world?

I appreciate and applaud the dedication of a militant mind to its assigned purpose of eliminating the adversaries of Mankind wherever they may be detected; in the scenario illustrated however, the occupation of Dimmamar is in all enumerable probability a premeditated manoeuvre choreographed to evoke an emotive response and draw the already diminished strength of the Crusade Fleet away from the primary objective of those adversaries, or from the means by which that primary objective may be obtained so that their ultimate goal may be more readily realised.

To any extent, I implore you to respond to this provocation with appropriate impetus; but with forewarning not to allow your greater awareness to be overshadowed by fixation upon this particular fracas.

In the interim, I would ask after further specificity concerning this Battleship larger than any on record.

'You may say it is impossible for a man to become like the Machine; I would reply that only the smallest mind strives to comprehend its limits.'
- Fabricator General Kane

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:26 pm 

VII wrote:
What is the tactical significance of this shrine world?

As always brother it brings me great pleasure to benefit from the input of the logis.

I am obviously somewhat Ill equipped to respond to this component of your query, but I would stress that the location Dimmemar and it's return to imperial compliance is the ultimate goal of this crusade.
There are other strategic benefits to holding this system, but forgive me if I addressmthem to you privately.

VII wrote:
In the interim, I would ask after further specificity concerning this Battleship larger than any on record.

During our "lightning raid" of the system I was able to acquire full auspex scans of the vessel, I have leave from my commodore to discuss these openly.

The vessel in question was of a mass slightly too great to accurately apply the classification "Battleship" as so aptly stated it exceeds the mass of any imperial battleships in imperial record.

It's hull is apparent with markings comparable to those of the "seditious" & "filth bearer" in that it appears to be as much corrupted sinnew and flesh as ceramite, adamantium, & steel.
Marked horribly with great boils and pustules.

The vessel upon both starboard and port sides this vessel mounts a macro battery, a broadside lance array, and a hangar bay.
The vessel has two forward facing torpedo tubes and has been seen to deploy a minimum of 4 wings of mixed fighters and bombers.
This vessel is more than a match for any singular imperial vessel in the system.

Should you wish to discuss this further myself and commissar Stein will address your questions to the best of our ability.

Thought of the day:

To break with ritual is to break with faith.

Enginseer prime to the Carpe Omnius and her crew

IRL Alex

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:44 pm 

Congratulations, it is a jewel of a world I can not wait to perform pilgrimage to, once it has been fully recovered, and once again gaze upon its lands as did my ancestor.

A shrine world of this sort is something the great despolier would love to destroy for no other reason than to deny it to us, in such dark times Faith is our greatest weapon. This could well be their primary objective.

I wish those who have to battle for it all the best and I have no doubt the Emperors gaze shall be upon them.

Thought of the Day
Educate men without faith and you but make them clever devils.

AKA Mike

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:19 am 

I wish you great joy for your discovery and victory, Lord. May the Emperor bless and protect you and yours; we shall certainly beseech him so in our prayers.

Lord Admiral Hawkwood, etc.

aka David Hollingworth

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 1:14 pm 

...oser to this part? LIKE THIS? Oh, sorry.

To all those that bask in the glorious illumination of the undying Emperor, I bid you greetings.

Let the preparations for the shining battle become the focus of our tasks, for those who risk and lose their lives for the glorious Imperium shal never die whilst their names are remembered and spoken of reverently by the faithfull. Our ship is abuzz with the preparations for the upcomming fray, and the glory and honour that stand to be gained.

To the Lord San'Clare and his crew, I extend my heartfelt congratulations at the honour of setting foot on Dimmamar itself. At our next meeting, I would hope to have words with you about the opportunity to enter the presence of the Diary of the Saint, and I beseech the Emperor to keep you and yours hale and healthy, for that honour if nothing else.

To Congregator Septimus, I suggest that a discussion with both your ship's Missionary and your Arch Militant may provide valuable data points. The morale implications alone would indicate that the liberation of Dimmimar will enhance the motivation of the untold billions of humanity who hear the news, including those both within and without the expanse. Whilst you remain an undoubted master in the machine spirits you tend, I can assure you that such news as the victory we plan will be the salve, lubricant and fuel combined for these many human cogs in the Imperium's vast machine. Though individually only moderate, the overall benefit to the Imperium would be beyond compare. To quote from The Sermons of Sebastian Thor, Volume XI Chapter IV - "A single man with faith can triumph over a legion of the faithless. Untold billions of the faithful can never be opposed."

In addition, the tactical advantage of the situation is apparently significant. In a protracted void war, I am told that finding the enemy to engage is 90% of the battle. In a universe where the escape to the immaterium puts the Enemy beyond our guns, knowing where and when one's opponent will be vulnerable to the Emperor's blessed weapons is a benefit oft overlooked by we whose craft lies in construction rather than destruction. Therefore, merely knowing that the forces of Chaos gather at sacred Dimmamar makes them vulnerable, and we would be derelict in our duties if we were to let such an opportunity pass us by.

Lastly, to those others who might engage this titanic abomination before we reach it, a warning springing from experience. The corrupted nature is reminiscent of the Seditious, which caused our crew someo difficulty. In particular, it was surrounded by a cloud of the noxious immaterium, rendering the efforts of our Astropathic choir not only fruitless, but dangerous to their health, even at range. I would caution you to look with care to your psychics when in conflict, and to consider that a closer approach, such as boarding, may affect those who enter to an even greater extent, be they those of the Sight or humans in the Emperor's glorius image.

I leave you to your battle preparations with these words of Ecclesiarch Sebastian Thor, in his address to the Convent Sanctorum. "Give me a gun that never fires! Give me sword that is ever blunt! Give me a weapon that deals no wound as long as it always strikes awe!" Go you now, and strike Awe and terror into the heart of Chaos.

aka Ben Kemp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:31 pm 

Lord Garrick San'Clare,

While the skull of the leading Space Marine will make a mighty trophy, the accompanying ship of unparalleled size and unknown capabilities is a great risk. Currently there seems to be very little intelligence, apart from some comparatively minor attacks and continued warfare.

A hastily assault may bring glory but cost victory. Provide further details so that assistance can be provided when timing is appropriate.

When is the planned assault?

Is there any confirmation as to whether known ships are moving towards the location?

Has the surrounds be investigated for other threats?

Does the ship look to be moving in the near future?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:51 am 

Am I the only one who feels cautious about landing on a world where disciples of the god of disease and corruption have landed? Surely they'll have taken the time to secretly start some cults to their dark god in the hope of spreading their diseases (both physical and moral) throughout the sector and beyond - when pilgrims come to visit, no doubt they'll be heading home with some rather unwelcome gifts

The planet has no doubt by this point been infected (at least a little bit). Please take all proper precautions when dealing with it.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]